Many organizations and businesses want media coverage of their activities, accomplishments, products and services. At the same time many publishers are looking for local, national and international topics to cover.
You can increase your chances of getting coverage from a news release (or press release) by following a few tips.
- You must have something new or different to say. The media wants information that’s new and interesting.
- Your headline should be as interesting as you make your blog and sales letter headlines. It should promise something new, dramatic, or timely.
- Start with the most important information and end with the least important. In the first paragraph of the press release, get in the Five Ws: Who, What, When, Where, and Why. If you can’t, at least start with a clear, concise statement that summarizes the story.
- Prepare yourself for reporters’ questions. Write out a list of questions that are likely to be asked and prepare and practice giving quality answers for each of them.
- Provide photos with the press release that will help explain the story or benefit. You also should include a mugshot of yourself that the publisher can also use in the article they print.
Are you new to writing press releases?
Click here to get a free copy of 40 Free Press Release Distribution Sites.
Click here to get 3 Free Press Release Templates.
This post is part of Dr.Mani’s 30 Day Blog Challenge. Other participating blog posts include:
LEARNING TO LOVE THE BORING TASKS OF YOUR BUSINESS
Learning how to embrace the seemingly menial and futile tasks in your online business is paramount to achieving results.
How To Succeed In Internet Marketing
Some people just want to complicate Internet Marketing. How about we make it simple? Here are 3 things I recommend you focus on to succeed in I.M.